Netflix’s very popular telenovela makes a return for its fourth season. The show has come really far, and it seems just like yesterday when the rave first started. The badass Spanish heist everyone couldn’t stop talking about.
These days, Money Heist is mostly a shadow of its former glory. It keeps going in circles and repeating itself with slightly cooler tricks just to justify its continued existence. Think Raquel/Lisbon’s rescue paralleling Tokyo’s, and Alicia uncovering The Professor’s hideout just like Lisbon did when she was still a police inspector.
The show is excruciating to follow now, but I can’t stop. It hurts me to admit it, but I think I’m addicted.
So, instead of whining about all the things I didn’t like, but can’t change about this new season (4), I’ll instead talk about the questions I’ve still got ringing in my head, two weeks after its premiere on Netflix.
1) The best thing about this (4th) season is easily Gandia, The Head of Security at the Bank of Spain. He’s deadly, so why would the gang still keep him even after killing Nairobi? There’s almost nothing as dangerous as having him in the same space as the rest of the crew.
2) Talking about dangerous people. What is Palermo’s deal? I still don’t fully understand why The Professor would bring someone as unstable as him to this kind of delicate mission. But then, he brought Berlin and Tokyo (and even Denver), so I guess him agreeing him bringing Pallermo along isn’t so farfetched.
His actions led to Nairobi’s death. I don’t think that should be forgotten or forgiven.
3) Can this show please kill Arturo?
That. Man. Is. Annoying! And disgusting, too!
4) When it was shown that The Professor was behind the helicopter stunt, I legit thought the show was about to pull a crappy escape stunt on us. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case, but it left wondering… How will these guys escape with all that gold?
5) Money Heist has shown it isnt afraid to kill off its characters but why did it have to be Nairobi? For convenience, because she was already shot and the most likely to die from Gandia’s assault?
Nairobi was one of (if not the only) smartest characters on the show, after the professor, and now she’s gone. Who’d be able to lead the team efficiently now? Tokyo? Stockholm? Or, maybe that’s why Lisbon was brought in? Oh!
6) Why did The Professor have Lisbon brought into the bank? Could it be because it’s the safest place for the gang in the whole of Madrid (Spain), or that was a bad move on his part?
7) Since Arturo deserves to die, who deserves to kill him? Stockholm, Denver, Amanda, or the Governor of the Bank of Spain?
8) Does Nairobi’s death mean we’ll be seeing her backstory, just like Berlin? I think I’d like that.
9) When will Alicia give birth? I can almost swear that he tummy is a ripe as it can be, pushed to its very limit. But this fiesty Inspector/negotiator isn’t letting that slow her down. Last we saw her, she had a gun pointed at our dear professor. What if he labor starts in the middle of that confrontation? Is The Professor ready to become a
daddy midwife? 😂