This is a recap-review of Insecure s04e10 – season finale
Insecure has done well for itself this year. And like all good things, this season has come to an end, too.
Really heavy stuff happened in this season’s finale, some of which I saw coming. Which ones, you might ask? Let’s get into them, see if I jog your memory.
1) Andrew sweetly breaks up with Molly because she almost never makes compromises for him or their relationship. Guess who she turns to?
2) In Molly’s defense, Isaa, too, was heartbroken, so Molly calling her was a much needed escape for the both of them. But, is that healthy? Always bonding over tragedy?
The showrunner (Prentice Penny) says Issa and Molly are the true love story of the show, so they had to bring them back together, but I ain’t I that shit.
I really hope all this hasn’t been about both ladies finding their way to each other because they eventually realise all men are scum. Think about it for a second?
3) Why was Issa heartbroken?
Turns out we were right all along (see? 😁) Condola, aka Canola oil, is indeed pregnant, and Lawrence ‘bobo firecracking strokes’ is the father.
Shocked? I’m not. All those fire moves he’s been giving were sure to catch up with him sooner rather than later 😉.
It seems this is a deal breaker for Issa. Things may not be the same for their old-new relationship when the show returns. Hopefully, they get to work things out for their sake and that of the innocent baby coming.
4) Issa choose Lawrence over Nathan, but she’s still friends with the latter. Right now, I’m sure a part of her is wishing she could’ve found out about the baby early before turning Nathan down. Is she at a lose-lose, or do you think there’s a version of the future where she gets together with Nathan?
5) Poor Tiffany. Post-partum isn’t something that’s often talked about, but that doesnt mean it isn’t real. The show tries to shed some light on this topic and I think that’s cool. Hopefully, Derek continues to be there for his wife, even as her friends (save for Keli) have less time to deal with her shit and theirs simultaneously.
6) Where the fuck is Chad and when do we find out what happened to Latoya?!!!
Rinzy’s Rating for the Season: 4/5