Release Date: June 21, 2017
Distribution Company: Paramount Pictures
Box Office: $604.9m
Starring: Mark Walhberg, Josh Duhamel, Stanley Tucci, Anthony Hopkins, etc.
Rinzy’s Rating: 2.5/5
The Transformers are back for a fifth, less than inspiring run. Most of the glorious Transformers we know, Bumble Bee and co., returned for this installment; many more were added.
After Age Of Extinction, I was scared for the franchise because of how much the story quality dived; this was a franchise that bent the box-office to its will, now, merely a shadow of its former self, only managing to rake in tolerable millions of dollars.
I created a thread on Twitter summarizing nine thoughts I had after watching this movie. You can see them here.
In details, here are the 9 Thoughts I Had After Watching Transformers: The Last Knight.
1. The movie, Transformers: The Last Knight, is lazy and uninspiring. I think I’m done with the series.
Yes, like I said earlier, the Transformers movie series is already fatigued; so much that the most the movie has to offer is wonderful CGI and incredible actions scenes.
2. I’m not surprised Michael Bay and Mark Walhberg aren’t reprising their roles. The franchise is dead already.
Yea; director, Michael Bay, and series new lead, Mark Walhberg, are retiring from the franchise. Michael Bay has been with the franchise since its inception in 2009. Stories had it he got tired after Dark Side Of The Moon. Whatever mojo caused him to return for this movie definitely isn’t enough to make him return in 2019 for the yet untitled sequel.
3. How much did veteran actor,Anthony Hopkins, get paid to feature in this mediocre movie?
I love and adore Anthony Hopkins, but I wonder how much he was paid to feature in this movie; he certainly must have gone through the script before accepting the role.
4. Who is the actual lead, Cade or Vivian? And, where in the world is Sam Witwicky, as played by Shia LeBeouf, amidst all this chaos?
This one got me really confused.
5. I wonder why Optimus Prime is always quick to remind us his bloody name? It doesn’t take long to hear, ‘I am Optimus Prime’ throughout the movie.
6. I’m happy Bumblebee can speak again. He’s waaaay cooler. Though I fear his own spinoff might be dead on arrival cos of the fatigued franchise.
7. Who’s that small annoying girl with that ugly small blue transformer? And, Who’s that black guy trying so hard to be funny.
8. Can we have a Transformers movie without Optimus and Megatron?
This movie tried this, but was tempted to squeeze both in to further the plot. I didn’t enjoy the reduced roles, I must admit as both are amongst my fav characters. It felt forced to have them appear like this. What I want to see now, is the next generation of Transformers, which I hope is what the Bumblebee spinoff will provide
9. How did this franchise become so successful with half-fleshed lines and mediocre acting?The Transformers are back for a fifth, uninspiring run…